1,102 inhabitants – 320m above sea level – 251ha. In 788, in the code of the Lorsch cloister, Luttingen was mentioned as the “villa Lutinga”. Belonged to the town of Hochsal, another town in the Hauenstein County. In 1515, Luttingen, Grunholz and Stadenhausen were involved in a trial concerning grazing rights on Laufenburg pastures. In the end, they were allowed to graze their cattle on the pastures all year round except April and May. In 1783 and 1791, the dispute erupted again and the three villages renounced to use the pastures. In turn, Laufenburg gave them land further towards the East. Luttingen belongs to Laufenburg since 1972.