1,160 inhabitants – 400m above sea level – 328 ha. The green fir tree in the emblem of a village called “Büntzkon” in a certificate dated 1344 clearly points to affiliation with the Hauenstein County and the town of Murg. The village situated in the Hotzenwald forest had 885 inhabitants when it was affiliated. The two crossing scythes indicate that agriculture once was very important. During the Middle Ages, a lot of blacksmiths worked iron in the village. During the past decades, many new houses were constructed. Binzgen belongs to Laufenburg since 1972.